Friday, May 9, 2014

"I feel pained & don't sleep with my eyes closed"-President Jonathan

  
At the world press conference to mark the end of the World Economic Forum on Africa (WEF) hosted in Abuja today,President Jonathan said he won't sleep until the girls are found..This is probably his most candid speech on the abduction.
“We plead with the parents, as a father, and the President of this country, I feel pained and I don’t sleep with my two eyes closed.And, I will not sleep with my two eyes closed until these girls are brought safely back to their parents.The attackers are in a part of Borno State described as Sambisa forest. It is a forest area and we are working with the experts that will used remote sensor to see that wherever they are we will seen.So, the best we can say is that they are within the Sambisa forest area.Of course, I agree that there are stories that they have moved outside the country but if they move that number of girls to Cameroon, people will see.So, I believe that they are still within Nigeria.A number of the countries already their personnel have arrived Nigeria to assist us to find the girls; collectively we must find these girls. 
 Is a misconception, the response is not slow. I have explained this that Borno State can be described as the headquarters of the terrorists, Boko Haram; they are more in Borno State, then followed by Yobe and then Adamawa.These are the three states we have declared state of emergency already.So, they have military personnel in that state.Immediately this incident happened, they have been following it both the Army and the Air Force, they have been combing the area.”
(NAN)

No comments: