Wednesday, June 19, 2013

PDP Spokesman, Olisa Metuh, resigns


The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh, has formally announced his decision to resign his position.
Mr. Metuh announced his resignation at a brief press conference on Wednesday in Abuja, saying he would throw in the towel on Thursday at the party’s National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting.
In his press statement he said....
“I want to inform you that I am resigning as the National Publicity Secretary with effect from Thursday 20th June 2013,” he said.
“This resignation is in the overall interest of the party and is being done to put a final stop to the controversies generated by the INEC report on the mode of my election as National Publicity Secretary.
“I have served this party as a member of National Executive Committee for over 10 years and therefore my interest is to ensure that this party stabilizes and progress. I have written and submitted my letter; I am resigning with effect from Thursday 20th June 2013.”

No comments: