Tuesday, October 30, 2012

OTOS &VIDEO: Aki And Paw Paw Visit Flood Victims In Delta State


PH            

Osita Iheme and Chinedu Ikedieze popularly known as Aki and Paw Paw took out time from their busy schedule to visit delta state flood victims at various rehabilitation camps. They were appointed motivational speakers at the displaced persons camp in Delta State.


Delta State Governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan gave his reason for appointing the Nollywood duo for motivational speech. He said
“There was a night I was at the I.C.E camp at about 11 pm. At the I.C.E Camp there is a public television, as I walked towards the television a crowd was gathered, almost half of the IDP’s were gathered around the television. They were laughing away .I tried to attract their attention but they continued watching the television, completely ignoring me.. When I looked at the television, the crowd was watching an Africa Magic movie and some of the actors in that movie were Aki and Paw-paw.
 

“Because they were watching this movie, they forgot their pains .For the flood victims watching this movie helped them to relieve their pains. I thought to myself I should get this people to go to some of the camps as motivational speakers. They are here for the motivational supports to some of our people in the camp .I believe that the few minutes they spend will make a huge difference in their lives. It is not just food alone they require, they need encouragement, and they need someone to tell them that there is a future.”

“It is the psychology of people in the camp; they may have food to eat.. Many are not in their normal state of mind .We try to do all sort of things to make them to ease the pains of their suffering. I want to thank our religious leaders who been visiting the camp and praying with them.”



No comments: